Editing Practical Learner Response

 

Editing Practical Learner Response


Mr Halsey's Feedback:
. Good use of audio and good pace to the opening.
. Continuity editing is solid but perhaps no 100%.
. Framing of OTS shots could be improved.
. Breaking of the 180* rule deliberately is impressive!
. Some nice creative touches e.g. the bleep!

Peer's Feedback?:

www~ . Good use of match on action
            . Nice narrative
            . Good editing

ebi~ . Audio is out of sync sometimes
        . There is dead space sometimes
        . OTS shot could be improved

Reflecting on my video, I think met the brief pretty well. My video included shot-reverse shot, the 180 degree rule and match on action. I actually broke the 180 rule deliberately and I think it worked out.

The strengths in my video were the 180 degree rule break, at first I wasn't sure if it was right t9 but in the end I am sure it worked out. Match on action worked but because the door in the video was already open, the continuity when opening the door was not there. Another strength was the shot reverse shot which looked good. A weakness was the audio in the video. The voices were unclear and at some places out of sync with the acting. Next time I would use a microphone. 

I found adding the audio of the dialogue to the video quite difficult. I had to add it in the first place because in the original video it wasn't clear at all. Next time, I would use a microphone or make sure I film in a quiet area.





Comments

Popular Posts