Ignite Presentation Learner Response

 

Learner Response


1) Type up your feedback in full including the ratings out of five for each of the six categories. 
Research: 4
TV Documentary Concept: 3
Language:terminology and theory: 3
Representations: 3
Audience and Industry: 4
Delivery: 3

Good clear introduction-topic is perfect for the brief and audience.
. Structure of presentation shows clear research and understanding of topic.
. Good to see a documentary concept with a clear goal/message.
. Celebrity involvement is sensible-could use this in voiceover.
. Documentary conventionary looks good-need a bit more details on interviewees and specific aspects of media language. Get this in the statement of intent. 
. Nice angle on representation and masculinity-need to expand on this with theory in statement of intent. 
. Channel 4 is sensible broadcaster and clear consideration of audience and TV contexts.(streaming)
. Excellent coverage of digital convergence and great to see specific plans for print posters,

2) Use this feedback, comments from peers and your own reflection on your presentation to self-assess and write a detailed WWW and EBI for your own coursework concept and presentation as a whole.
WWW= I think the topic of my documentary fits the brief quite well and I have planned the digital convergence side of it well.
EBI=  My delivery could have been better as I shouldn't have used cards to read off.

3) Write a paragraph discussing how your presentation will lead into your actual coursework production. Do you need to update your statement of intent? Does your concept/treatment offer enough clarity? Is it appropriate for the audience specified in the brief? Is it achievable to film in the midst of a global pandemic? Can you add media terminology or theory to your statement of intent now you have reflected on your presentation and seen others?
I will need to update my statement of intent because I have changed my topic for the documentary. My initial idea was to do "Social Media" however this topic was too broad and I needed to focus in more on a more specific subject. Therefore, I decided to change the topic to "Unrealistic Beauty Standards".

Comments

Popular Posts